Black cardamon long pepper Rub chicken
Chicken 8oz (226g) 1 breast
Corn 10.6oz(302g) 1 cobb
Pink beet 1/2oz (16g) 1 ea
Purple Trumpet beans . 1 1/2 (41g) 9 ea
Cipollini spring onion 2.40oz (68g) 1 ea
White nectarine 5oz (139g)
Black cardamon rub 3/4 (21g)
Black cardamon long pepper rub
Rub 55g – 34g (add and total and then I’ll know the amount of sugar in it)
Making Black cardamon long pepper Rub
- First you will Preheat oven at 435F
- Crush and extract the black cardamon seeds
- Set up your blender and drop in long pepper and cardamon
- Blend until powder
- Now add the dark muscovado, slight pulse
Cutting the veggies
- Peel beet with knife or peeler then cut into quarters
- With your knife take off the stem of purple beans and bias cut them with your knife.
- Grab your corn and strip it, now hold it up and with your know slice the cob ( save the cob)
- Using your knife slice nectarine in half and take pit out, and slice into wedges (not like my video, I was nibbling)
- With your Cipollini onion, cut the green off and then cut the bottom off now slice in half afterwards make thin slices
- With the green onion just cut on a bias or rough chop it
- Finally grab your chicken breast and slice sideways
- Preheat skillet
- With a plate coat it with olive oil
- sprinkle salt
- Add rub
- Lay chicken down and repeat process
- Now your skillet is smoking, add olive oil and sear chicken
- Do this until a caramelized color
- Put in oven for 8 to 10 mins
- Using the same skillet add your nectarines
- Cook until soft and add additional rub seasoning
- Pull off once caramelized or soft
- Set aside until needed
Cooking the veggies
- With a small saute pan preheat pan
- Add olive oil and drop in onions and green onions
- Cook until transparent or broken up
- Add the rest of the veggies in pan
- Saute veggies until purple beans start to turn green.
- Deglaze with water and season with salt
Now you can plate your food
I can’t find dark muscovado sugar can I use something else?
Most likely it’s not sold in your area. Yes, you can, I will mention the flavor will be different because dark muscovado is high in molasses. That being said use brown sugar
Purple Trumpet beans I can’t find those can I use something else?
Sure can, just use Green beans, those beans might not be in season
Do I have to use chicken? Can I use other meat?
Sure can! Even use the rub on some soy products
White Nectarine isn’t in season can I use something else?
Yeah, just use other stone fruits whatever is in season should be fine
Should I make corn stock?
I would, going back on it, I kind of wish I did now, showing that I didn’t waste it
I can’t find long pepper, can I use something else?
Yes, you can! fresh black pepper is fine.
Doing this for 25 to 1000 people
As I always say, a recipe can change so much when doing large parties and this one included!
Here is what you will have to do differently; bigger pots and pans. But one thing you can no longer do is sear the chicken. If you are going to do 15 chicken after the 3rd batch of searing you will have charcoal caramel on your pan and your smoke alarm will go off while the dog will be howling. This is what you will need to do for the chicken:
Cutting everything 25 to 1000 people
- Cut all the veggies the same as above, but if I was you, and I had this available, I would do this with a Robot coupe CL 50 use attachment the slicing one, for onions(green part too), beans and heck beets too, if you want to save time and labor.
- Corn is going to be the same sorry.
- Slicing chicken same above
Making the chicken 25 to 1000 people
- Preheat Oven to 375F (C)
- You want lower since higher will cause the rub to turn into caramel
- This will take up to 15 to 25 mins
- Check with a paring knife stick in at the thickest part for a couple seconds
- Pull out and on you wrist and it should be semi-hot, not hot where it burns your wrist otherwise you overcooked it.
Cooking the veggies to 25 to 1000 people
- Cooking them will be the same process. The only difference is that you will have to cook the veggies in larger pans if you have more people.
- When having larger batch naturally, you are going to use a bigger pan such as Rondeau, if you are planning for 75 to 100 people. Any lower just use two skillets
- Any higher numbers I would suggest a tilt skillet and can go up to 1000 people
Plating styles you might want to think of while doing larger covers
Plating this for high covers I would suggest the train method with five people, while lamps keep the food hot
This is a job for five people
- 1st person firing the food and running the food to table to replenish veggies, sauteed nectarines, while cutting the chicken (Don’t tell me this can’t be done, this is usually me )
- The 2nd person will grab the plates and pull them and add veggies (nectarines will be mixed in) to the plate and push plate from the rim.
- 3rd person will lay Chicken down nicely
- 4th Person will lay garnish and clean plate
- 5th person, this will be your server will take food to your clients of customers
Keep in mind the more people you have, the more servers you will need to keep the momentum. So you have no lag of handing plates or laying plates on a platter
Banquet Stack platter style, which is a platter of food one side all veggies and other side all protein of the number of people on the table and then landed on ( This is my favorite it!!! SOO FAST AND FUN!) this is for usually 200 people and up because if you did train method it will take too long to get the food. to every table.
This will require ten people and up
- 1st person is firing the food and running the food to table to replenish veggies, sauteed nectarines while cutting the chicken and also doing special plates for people that have allergies
- You will have two people doing the same thing, placing protein on platter with two sperate tables of stacked platters
- The other 2 are other scooping veggies paired with one protein guy each
- 5th person will be holding a board or ipad of the table number people telling your servers where to go Table number 1 with seating of 7 and list goes down from number of tables
- These are your servers and will go up when you have more people
Question for you
If you were doing this for a get together would you consider putting the chicken in the oven with the rub or would you just sear chicken and everytime clean the skillet?