Delicata Squash 8oz (225g)
Vanilla paste 5oz (139g)
Chicken thigh 8oz (226g)
Sassy Steak 1/2 (14g)
Salt to taste
Olive oil (to coat)
Dino Egg Pluto 2 1/2oz (69g) 1ea
kiwi berries 2 1/8oz (60g)
Onion 2 2/3oz (76g)
Chicken base 2/3oz (20g)
Urfa Biber 1 1/3oz(38g)
Kale 1 1/4oz(35g) 2s stems
Golden tomato 3/4 (24g) 1 ea
Israeli couscous 2 1/3oz (68g)
Something you didn’t know about me. Before I started brewing beer, I read heaps of books and blogs, watched youtube videos and then when I ready to brew I found out that Northern Brewer had a hotline. So I called them almost every day asking questions, it got to the point where some of them got to know my name. Haha
Making the crispy chicken
- Preheat oven at 435F (224C)
- First using a knife cut the thigh and the drumstick off
- Now coat with olive oil then season with salt and sassy steak seasoning
- Lay chicken on a rack with silk pad on the bottom then put in the oven for 40 mins until done
- How to check when your chicken is done. (if you want to try to learn how to without the thermometer) Do this by using a paring knife or a cake tester. Put in the thickest part of the chicken. Then put the part of the knife that went into the chicken on your wrist, it should be hot, but not too hot where it burns your wrist that’s when you have overcooked it.
- Add your couscous into a pan or pot then add water about three times the amount of the couscous
- bring to a boil
- cook until soft, and then put aside until needed
Cutting the Delicata Squash and cooking it
- Using a sharp knife cut the top and bottom off
- Then slice from the top pushing down you use a towel or just use a serrated knife
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds
- Slice into strips
- Now dice it ( watch video if unsure)
- With a sheet pan coat with olive oil and salt
- Put in the oven until soft
- Mix in a bowl with vanilla
Cutting the veggies
- Using a knife slice the end off and slice in half the kiwi berries
- Using a knife grab your tomato and slice it, and then cut into stripes and dice.
- For the pluto you are going to slice in half, then cut into wedges small
- You know the drill with the onion slice the top and bottom off then cut into julienne set aside until needed
- With your kale, you are going to rough chop it just, don’t keep the ends
Cooking the veggies
- Preheat skillet
- Add olive oil
- Now add your onions until nice lightly caramelized
- Add your tomatoes and kale in
- Cook until the kale gets bright green
- Now add your couscous
- Season to taste and add some sassy steak seasoning if you want
- Towards the end add in your plutos
Plate your food
I can’t find any plutos, can I use plums or stone fruit?
Sure can, any plums or stone fruits are excellent
I can’t find kale can I use other braised greens?
First off what store is this?! Give me their number! I’ll fix that! In the mean, time use swiss chard or collard greens.
Golden tomatoes I can’t find it can I use regular tomatoes?
Kiwi berries never heard of them not even my farmer or store. What can I use instead?
Just use kiwi’s my favorite farmer Mark grows them I can ask him if he knows anyone one in your area
I can’t find Israeli couscous
I would suggest using lentils, or yellow couscous or some hard grains
Delicata Squash I can’t find it, and the store guy doesn’t know the name…
You too? Just kidding! You can just use acorn squash or Kuri squash
What are the ingredients to sassy steak seasoning?
Garlic, Chopped, Alderwood Smoked Salt, Urfa Biber, Chipotle Chile Flake, Oregano, Mexican, Long Pepper, Italian Sea Salt, Cumin Seed, and Cinnamon, Cassia Vietnamese
Cooking for 25 to 1000 people
If you are new to me? I use Periscope daily do about 2 to 3 videos a day for tricks and tips and even live cooking. If you want to stay update on that, here is my account. I warn you it notifies’s you every time I do a scope if you have the notifications on, otherwise click the bell to make sure it doesn’t show you every time.