Fruit Dehydrating Machine
50/50 ratio of
Fruit (kumquats in this video)
- First slice into small thin pieces
- Get equal parts of sugar and water
- Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar
- Pour over the kumquats
- Then put kumquats into a Dehydrator
- come back a day later and you can pull off
- using fingers or an offset spatula
- You can use as a garnish or turn into a powder
- By using your Vitamix (blender)
Can I do this without sugar
You don’t have to use sugar, but it will be bitter and not as sexy.
You can use this as a substitute for sugar in pastry recipes.
Make sure it’s a powder, though.
Can I do this recipe for all fruit?
Yes, any fruit that you can think of you can do this, but just dehydrating as is fine as well.