Chanterelle 2oz (58g)
Lamb Rack 1.29Ib (585g)
Brussels 2oz (58g)
Fresh Tomatoes 1 1/8 (32g)
Shallots 1 1/8 (33g)
Plum 3 3/4(109g)
Cilantro 1 1/3 (39g)
Grapes 3 1/3 (96g)
Hard Wheat berries 2 3/4 (80g)
White Balsamic (to taste)
Pink peppercorn (5g)
I just want you to let you guys know if you noticed I didn’t post on monday night. I will no longer be doing a post those days, I have big plans for you guys I need to forus on getting it done. I thought long and hard about it and realized this was the right decison for informational cuisine I will stick to Thusday mornings.
Making the wheat berries
- First grab yourself a pan and add in your hard wheat berries
- Turn to high heat and bring to boil, cook until soft
- Once done, put a lid on top until need to cook with the veggies
- Rough chop your chanterelles
Making the lamb
- Preheat oven at 280F
- Set up your vitamix (blender) and add your spices and blend until it’s a powder
- Preheat pan
- Season lamb and coat with olive oil
- Sear Lamb all sides, best you can
- Then once nice and brown pull of and lay on rack, season with your rub
- Put in oven for 30 mins
- Pull out and let rest
- Preheat oven at 400F
- Flash at the end when your veggies and wheats are mixed and cooked
Making the veggies
- Grab a cutting board and with a sharp knife
- Shredd your brussel sprouts by slicing them
- Have your grapes on the cutting board and slice in half under your hand (check video 3:27)
- Put grapes in a bowl
- Dice your tomatoes
- With your shallot slice top and bottom of the shallot and then julienne
- chiffnade clinatron and put in the bowl
- slice your plum into slices and place int your bowl
Mixing the grape plum salad
- You should have of cilantro, plum, and grapes in bowl together
- You are going add your vinegar and season with salt
- set aside until needed.
Cooking the veggies
- Using the same pan you used for the lamb and preheat it
- Add your shallot and sweat it
- now add your chanterelles do this until you start to see color
- add the rest of your veggies and wheat berries
- Season to taste and you can add a little more rub if you like
- Plate your food
Love his recipe? Then you are going to love these lamb recipes (click here)
Seasoning the Salad with White Balsamic?
You’ll notice there is no measurement this is because you could have sweet plums or grapes or none at all and this can mess with your salad if the fruit isnt’t that sweet.
Do I have to use hard wheat berries?
No, you can use farro, or other grains as you feel
Brussel sprouts I can’t find any in season can I use something else?
Just use cabbage
I can’t find grapes… can I use raisins?
Sure can, just going to be sweeter that’s all
If I can’t find shallots what can I use?
You can use onions, red onions, leeks
I can’t find chanterelle mushrooms, can I use something else?
It’s most likely not in season, so it is best to use whatever you feel like
Can I use black pepper?
You can, but you will lose that unique sweetness from pink peppercorn
How to do this for 25 to 1000 people?
This is kind of pain to do. There is no fast route for lamb unless you take away the bones of the lamb.
You are just going to have sear on a pan, and just get them close together on the sheet pan and cook them like you would up above.
If you are cuting the veggies for a 100 and up, I would just use a robo chopper or just simply use a knife to cut all this. If you want to save time, I would seriusly just use a chopper. That being said you only need to use bigger pans and pots for higher amounts of people.