Pure Apple Pectin
Apple (whatever you have)
Water ( to Cover apples)
Something you don’t know about me -Currently teaching myself after effects it quite fun
Making pure apple pectin
- Grab a knife and cutting board
- Cut your apples into smaller pieces save the core
- Put into a stock pot
- Add water to the stock pot
- Turn on to high heat and bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour and 45 mins
- Now grab another stock pot
- Place a colander and old cotton shirt
- Strain it pouring into a bowl or pot
- Put back on stove and reduce in half
- Pour into a container and cool down in fridge
- Pour into a dehydrator at 135F and cover
- Do this for one day
- After the following day pull off and put into a container or use it into something else
Here is my pumpkin mousse
Can I throw in random apples
You can use mixed apples it doesn’t matter
Does it matter what kind of apples?
Green and tart apples have the most pectin so don’t pick sweet ones if you can help it
Doing this for large batches?
This is all about having larger pot
How long can it last?
I keep it for a year before I throw it away because its time for some fresh apples.
What kind of white shirts?
Just go to Amazon or Costco for white T-shirt don’t go crazy, just get something cheap