Madagascar Pink Rice (528g)
Fresco Chili (55g)
Long Red pepper (69g)
Meyer Lemon (128g)
Snap peas (28g)
Fish sauce (172g)
Making Spicy Rice Chicken
- First you are going to toast your rice in a skillet moving it until it gets a brown color
- Pull off and set aside
- Grab yourself a cutting board and rough chop your long pepper and fresco chili
- Dice your shallots
- Mince your ginger
- Zest and squeeze lemon in bowl
- Bias cut your snap peas
- Slice your chicken sideways and then into strips
- Grab yourself a Vitamix (blender) and add your rice. Blender until it’s a flour
- Add your peppers and a little bit of fish sauce
- Turn on the blender and slowly add in your fish sauce until the sauce is a paste consistency
- Now the cooking; Preheat your pan
- Add olive oil to pan and lay down your chicken in skillet
- Once it’s got a nice sear turn over with tongs
- Add your ginger and shallots and move around for a minute
- Now pour in your paste and add some water ( so it doesn’t burn)
- Cook and reduce the sauce, don’t be afraid to add more water if rice isn’t cooked in the paste.
- Plate food and Dinner is ready!
Watch out in for the salt
Because fish sauce is very salty and it’s best, you just do at the end
Do I have to use Fish sauce? Can I use something else?
You can use vinegar or wines, but you will have to use pay attention to the salt now.
Do I need to have, what’s that rice called?
Not at all you can totally use white rice or brown rice.
Can I use lemon instead of Meyer lemon
Yeah of course!
Fresco Chili can I use jalapeno instead
Sure! It’s the same thing though hahaha
Long red pepper I can’t find it, can I sub it out with more Fresco Chili
Doing this for 25 to 1000 people
You are not going to sear every in the tilt skillet. Instead, you are going to grill the whole chicken breast just to get marks then slice into strips. You will still make the rice flour the same way. The only differences are you are not going to toast the rice in the skillet; that’s going to take way too long. Instead, you are going to toast it in the oven and move it around every couple minutes.
Then blend with a hand blender in a bucket and just add the peppers without the stem and fish sauce the same above, bit by bit.
Cook in tilt skillet or big pot.
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these chicken recipes (click here)